In 3 Reasons Why Yaffe Real Estate Got Started In The Baltimore Market, I mentioned that the same strong desire to provide professional, consistent, competent and high quality business guidance and service to clients inspired the launch of Chesapeake Property Management, Inc. in 1997. That's also what makes Chesapeake Property Management different compared to other similar organizations.
How Different is Chesapeake Property Management
CPM focuses solely on managing individually owned homes. They personally know all of our Landlords and Tenants and aim to provide the most professional and pleasant leasing experience in the area. They provide:
- A transparent and simple fee structure (no hidden fees or kickbacks) so you can budget and deduct appropriately
- Quick and efficient communication by our experienced team, so you are kept up to date and know what is happening with your home at all times
- Knowledge of each jurisdiction's local licensing and leasing laws so you stay legal and in compliance
- Thorough tenant screening systems (Linda still reviews every application!) so you can relax knowing we are using our 25+ years of experience to find you the most qualified applicants
- Vetted licensed and insured vendors (many of whom we use on our own homes!); most are smaller, family-owned vendors that stand behind their work and have competitive pricing.
- Many property management companies outsource tenant applications and approvals, which in turn leads to higher eviction rates. We handle all applications and approvals in-house. That is how we have kept evictions so low!
- We require tenant insurance.
What Does the Chesapeake Property Management Difference Mean?
It means that we apply high professional standards to the services we offer landlords and tenants. Clients hire Yaffe Real Estate to put their property on the market, market the property to solicit tenant applications and find qualified tenants.
Tenant qualification is an intense process. It's time-consuming to sift through applications. We pull credit reports, run a background check, review references so we can assure our clients that their tenants will be responsible and respectful of the property. At the same time, we are able to assure our tenants that they have found the right neighborhood; we educate them about landlord expectations, property responsibilities and how best to become a part of the neighborhoods they are moving into. We want both parties to successful. (See Why Tenant Qualification Is Important.)
There's another aspect where CPM's difference matters. We see a bigger picture - one that goes beyond a one-time tenant/landlord event. Becoming a tenant is a step in a journey. From there, tenants may buy a home, sell it, buy another, perhaps even become a landlord themselves. Rental property makes sense as part of a financial plan.
If we can help you find a home to rent or help you rent out your home, please don't hesitate to contact us.